The three-day, multi-event Cancer Challenge fundraiser will kick off June 10 with a golf tournament at Kingswood Golf Course in Bella Vista.
The annual benefit for cancer charities in Northwest Arkansas also includes tennis, pickleball, golf, and trap shooting tournaments for juniors and adults, and social events.
Scheduled matches include:
• Golf – 7:30 am on June 10-11, Kingswood and Country Club golf courses in Bella Vista;
• Tennis – June 11, 8 am-5pm and June 12, 8 am-4pm at Kingsdale Tennis Complex in Bella Vista;
• Pickleball (men’s doubles and women’s doubles) – 8 am-5pm on June 11 at the Walton Life Fitness Center in Bentonville:
• Pickleball (mixed doubles) – June 12 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Walton Life Fitness Center in Bentonville;
• Trap Shoot – June 11 from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm at Highlands Gun Range in Gravette; and
• 10km / 5km / 1m walk – 7am at Cooper Elementary School in Bella Vista.
An adult happy hour and outdoor pickleball will take place on June 10 from 6pm to 8pm at the Kingsdale Tennis Complex in Bella Vista.
The Cancer Challenge Gala kicks off June 26 at 6pm at Heroncrest in Springdale. The benefit includes games, bourbon tastings, live and silent auctions, and an after-party.
Organizers say proceeds from the Cancer Challenge will remain in Northwest Arkansas, and the group has allocated approximately $ 13.2 million to local cancer services and programs since its founding in 1993. Cancer Resources, Mercy Health Foundation of Northwest Arkansas, Oncology Supportive Services, and Washington Regional Cancer Support Home. Organizers say the group has served more than 475,000 Northwest Arkansans since the challenge was founded.
– CARIN SCHOPPMEYER
The Cancer Challenge
What: Golf, tennis, pickleball, kick shooting, socials, running, walking
When: June 11-12 and June 26
Where: Bella Vista, Bentonville and Springdale
Registration: $ 30 to $ 300 for individual visitors to sporting events; $ 250 for the Gala
Information: (479) 273-3172 or cancerchallenge.com